日本旅行:5日・6日


2019年7月34

旅行の5日・6

こんにちは皆さん、(Konnichiwa minasan,)
These past two days, I’ve done a lot of shopping! First, we went to 秋葉原 (Akihabara), a very busy electric-and-geek culture shopping Mecca for anime-lovers and technology-fanatics alike. Wherever you are in Akihabara, you’re likely to be able to see some kind of anime girl staring down at you from a poster, sign, or shop window trying to get you to buy their products. I spent my 3 hours of free time shopping with a friend at various stores- looking for any merchandise of my favorite characters and shows or anything else that might be nice to have. Some of these stores include Mandarake (a secondhand-yet-high-quality merchandise shop), amiami (a big anime/manga merchandise shop within Radio Kaikan, a huge 10 floor mall) and Gachapon Kaikan (a shop dedicated to capsule-toy vending machines). I found a couple things I liked but ended up getting less than I expected. I also got to try some made-on-the-spot Takoyaki, which was definitely the best I’d ever had. Akihabara’s definitely an exciting and pricey place to be!
~~~
The next day, we went to 池袋 (Ikebukuro)’s Sunshine City mall. It’s huge, with full articles dedicated to the best things you can do inside of it. Upon arrival, we rode an elevator that goes up to 600 meters per minute (about 22.4 miles per hour) up 59 floors to “Sunshine 60”- a kind of indoor amusement-park like floor. There are lots of interesting things, like infinite reflection rooms and warped mirrors, as well as a bunch of VR headset-aided experiences- including horror, flight, and game playing simulators. I went on the swings, a VR rollercoaster that takes you around a computer-generated version of Sunshine City. It definitely felt a little like I was on a coaster at the start, but that feeling faded a bit after the first ten or so seconds.
Although Sunshine 60 was definitely cool, I had the most fun after we went back to the mall floors and started shopping. Most exciting was the Studio Ghibli shop and Pokémon Center! This Pokémon Center is the biggest one in the entire world, and there was definitely a lot of stuff to choose from. Many things, like shirts and plushies, were quite expensive- but others, like cute chopsticks and stationery, were a bit more reasonable. I wish a got more of the Pikachu letter sets they had! Their shirt sizes were a bit unfortunate- many only came in the Japanese medium size, which is like an American small. There was a bunch of other stuff, though, so I was happy!
What kind of things would you want to buy in Japan?
又話してね~ (Mata hanashite ne~)

Comments

Popular Posts

The Japanese Alphabet: Hiragana and Katakana

Tests in Japan

日本旅行:1日